PE and Sport Premium
What is the Primary School PE Premium?
The government has announced that it is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 with further funding available until 2022 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school head teachers. The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
Funding for 2021-2022 will be £16000 with an additional payment of £10.00 per pupil
How we are spending the money?
- Extending School Sports co-ordinator role – extension of the PE Co-ordinator
- Enhancing after school sports clubs by providing more clubs for all age groups
- Improving % of children accessing sport
- Offering a wider range of sports
- PE Specialist teacher support for staff
- ‘Buy in’ to Cluster competition network
- Professional Bodies membership
- Courses to support professional development
- Funding applications for PE accreditations
- Improving and enhancing opportunities for inter and intra school competitions
Moving forward we plan to!
- Provide continued professional development opportunities in school where needed
- Plan for an extension of sports opportunities for next year
- Prepare for new curriculum
- Continue to improve the skills of children across a range of sports
- Identify gifted & talented children in sport and extend opportunities for them
- Ensure 94% of children attend at least 1 after school club