Reception Class Teacher Maternity Cover
Full time fixed term contract from April 2024
Closing date: Midnight 8th December 2023
Interviews: 14th December 2023
Bishop Cornish CofE VA Primary School is looking for a teacher preferably with EYFS experience to cover maternity leave from April 2024.
As a school we understand the importance of mental health and aim to create emotionally sound resilient and well-regulated children. We use the model of ‘PLACE’ –being Playful, Loving, Accepting, Curious and Empathic. This way of thinking, feeling, communicating and behaving aims to make each child feel safe and happy, enabling them not only to learn, but to develop a love of learning.
We set the highest standards of attainment for all our children. Our aim is to ensure each, and every child can 'live life in all its fullness' by offering stimulating and awe-inspiring learning experiences with Christian values at their heart, fostering creativity, and helping children to become independent learners.
The teacher we are looking for:
- Is an enthusiastic team player
- Is committed to inclusion and meeting the needs of all children
- Has an understanding of the National Curriculum and effective assessment practices
- Is passionate about delivering a creative curriculum, inspiring a sense of awe and wonder in our children
- Is knowledgeable about safeguarding procedures
- Can build positive relationships with colleagues, other professionals, parents and children
- Has high aspirations for the children they teach and of themselves
- Is reflective, open to feedback and continually striving to develop professionally
- Is sympathetic to and supportive of the aims and ethos of a Church of England School.
In return we will offer you:
- A “Good” school, with excellent, established outdoor education provision complementing a vibrant and ambitious curriculum which aims to give every child a lifelong love of learning and enriching opportunities.
- Significant levels of support from our experienced, committed a and passionate Governing Body and staff
- A warm, friendly school where we value our community and have a philosophy of treating each other with kindness and respect
- Empathetic and enthusiastic children who thrive in a creative, caring and exciting learning environment.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please telephone the school office to make an appointment 01752 845463.
We are committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be assessed against the Childcare Disqualification Regulations. Online (including social media) checks will be carried out.
We do not accept CVs.
Please submit your application form either by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight 8th December 2023.